Votre Forum

Identifiez-vous avec le pseudo d'administration pour configurer et personaliser votre forum.

Vous n'êtes pas identifié.

#1 18-11-2019 17:58:17

djrequired001
Nouveau membre
Lieu: UK
Site web

Can't get long file names to work, any ideas?

hello! i'm trying to copy files from an external USB drive (NTFS) to a NAS drive (EXT4) using Windows Explorer and getting the long file names error (ie path is longer than 255 characters). i have tried to get long files names to work, but the group policy doesn't seem to do anything.. in Group Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Filesystem > Enable NTFS long paths, restart computer; i have also confirmed that the value in the registry is set correctly- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem\LongPathsEnabled set to 1.

i have tried the file copy from computers with and without the creators update (all other updates installed) and i don't think this is a NAS issue because i can copy the files from a linux live CD without issue.

i'm hoping that this is just something simple that i'm missing, i've been looking around and haven't found any other fixes.

many thanks!

#2 24-11-2019 17:50:37

James_Lee
Nouveau membre

Re: Can't get long file names to work, any ideas?

Have you tried ‘Long Path Tool’ ?
it’s very useful in this type of case.

#3 05-12-2019 18:48:57

nosaninasaldilator
Nouveau membre
Lieu: United Kingdom
Site web

Re: Can't get long file names to work, any ideas?

hello

<a href="https://nosani.ch">Velumount</a>

Pied de page des forums